Autism Canada has recently made a submission to the Canadian Senate regarding tax benefits to Canada’s autism community – primarily the RDSP and the disability tax credit. This advocacy work is an extremely important endeavour to help secure the future of all those living with autism in Canada.
Autism Canada’s 5 key recommendations are:
1. The creation of a clear, transparent and informed application, review and appeals process
2. Clear, consistent and universally accepted classification criteria for disability
3. Uncoupling the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) from the DTC
4. Federal monitoring and evaluation of population-based disability data
5. Inclusion of the neurodevelopmental community on the Disability Advisory Committee
To read the entire submission click here.